By protecting and improving our environment, the communities where we do business and the students we serve, Sodexo makes every day a better day and every tomorrow a better tomorrow.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to purchase a meal plan?

Meal plans are mandatory for students residing in any Residence Hall on campus, with a variety of different options to fit your needs and budget. Contact Housing & Resident Life at (316) 978-3693 for more information.


Don't live on campus? Meal plans are available for all students! Purchase online or in person at RSC Room 235.

What are my dining plan options?

If you live in Shocker Hall, a traditional meal plan is required. These meal plans can also come with Shocker Dollars, which can be used at all on campus restaurants.


If you live in Fairmount Towers, you may choose from a traditional meal plan or Shocker Dollars plans. You also have optional block meal plans available for purchase.


If you are a commuter student, faculty, or staff member you are eligible for a meal plan as well! Choose from a plan that includes a set number of meals each week, such as 15 block meals; or choose Shocker Dollars and load as much money to your Shocker ID as you want.

What are Shocker Dollars?

Shocker Dollars is our campus debit plan that can be used for purchases in all on campus restaurant locations. They are good dollar for dollar, and you can add as much or as little as you like. Minimum of $25 to start, this is our most flexible plan for your budget!

Can I change my meal plan if it does not fit my needs?

Yes! Please contact Housing & Resident Life if you reside on campus, or contact Dining Services for all other plans.

If I'm not a Resident Hall Student, where do I buy my meal plan?

If you live off-campus, you can purchase a meal plan through the Dining Services office (RSC Room 235) or online here.

In This Section
Wichita State University | Dining Services | 1845 Fairmount Street | Wichita, KS 67260 | tel. (316) 978-5861 | Contact Us